Penis transplants and Uber rapists: This is Naked News Now
Want sexual enlightenment, but only have time for a quickie? Every week, we recap the most interesting sex headlines from around the world.
1. Anti-sex work crusaders are now coming for legal prostitution in Nevada. Activists aim to put a brothel ban on the ballot this November in two of the seven counties where prostitution is currently legalized.
2. Officials at a Catholic high school in Detroit will require female students to wear "modesty ponchos" at prom if their dresses are too revealing.
3. Surgeons perform first full penis and scrotum transplant. The surgery was performed by a team of nine plastic surgeons and two urological surgeons. The recipient is a military veteran who was injured by an improvised explosive device (IED) blast in Afghanistan.
4. Several states want to make LGBT adoption as hard as possible. Kansas, Oklahoma and Colorado will weigh legislation that would allow religiously affiliated adoption agencies to turn away same-sex couples, citing “religious freedom.”
5. Over 100 Uber drivers in 20 U.S. cities have been accused of sexual assault and abuse, a CNN investigation finds. At least 31 drivers have been convicted for crimes ranging from forcible touching and false imprisonment to rape, and dozens of criminal and civil cases are pending.
6. Smallville actress Allison Mack was charged with sex trafficking for her role in NXIVM, a “self-improvement” organization that recruited women to have sex with leader Keith Raniere and then branded the women with his initials.
7. Toronto van attacker that killed 10 and injured 14 more was a member of the “incel” movement, a community of men who are involuntarily celibate. Experts have identified fixation on women and sexual suppression as a common link between incels and Islamic extremists.
8. Cryptocurrency is officially everywhere, including on your favorite stripper’s ass. Entertainers in Las Vegas and Silicon Valley are dancing for bitcoin with barcode tattoos on their butts. Customers can scan a dancer’s QR code sticker with their phone and deposit bitcoin directly into her account.
9. Facebook is investigating a claim that an employee used his position to stalk women.
10. Trump administration pushes abstinence in teen pregnancy programs. Abstinence programs have proven to be an ineffective approach to sex education again and again.