Following abuse investigations, Chris Hardwick gets all his jobs back
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Chris Hardwick’s career is getting back on track after a review of sexual assault allegations made by a former girlfriend.
NBC said that Hardwick will serve as a guest host next Tuesday on America’s Got Talent and will return as host for season three of The Wall game show. Production on The Wall is set to begin in the fall.
NBC’s confirmation Tuesday that Hardwick was keeping the gigs came a week after AMC said he would be back with Talking Dead and Talking with Chris Hardwick following the review.
In announcing its decision, AMC said it was the “appropriate step” after interviewing a number of people in connection with the allegations against Hardwick.
I quietly posted an article today, unlisted on Medium. It clearly made the rounds. I’m overwhelmed and I want to thank all of you for your support and kind words- they mean so much to me. I may take some time off the internet, please know your support means everything to me.— Chloe Dykstra (@skydart) June 15, 2018
He is scheduled to resume work on Talking Dead, companion to drama series The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead on Aug. 12, the date that the latter show returns for the second half of its fourth season. Yvette Nicole Brown had been named interim host during the review.
Hardwick has acknowledged that an online post by his ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra alleging she had been sexually assaulted and emotionally abused referred to him. He has denied the allegations but has said the couple’s three-year relationship was imperfect and included arguments.
I originally wrote my essay so I could move on with my life, and now I intend to do so. Thank you, again, to those who have supported me during this. pic.twitter.com/sjBEKGpY7v— Chloe Dykstra (@skydart) July 26, 2018