Post Malone's relevant tattoo and Lil Wayne is FREE: This is Harmony in the Headlines
Algorithms broken? Too busy to care? Each week we recap the most interesting music headlines from the past 7-or-so days. Simply put, we want to catch you up on what's happening in the boom boom bap while others are busy writing about "isms." ...
1. After the entire thing dominating headlines for what seemed like an eternity, Diddy had all there is to say about the Drake versus Pusha T beef. Basically, he says Drake "took the L" by not responding, but that also he was in that same position with Biggie many years back so he understands. He also said beefs in this day and age are safe as hell, which is a 100 percent perfect review of Internet antics.
2. While performing the band's single "Arabella," Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys caught a bra mid-swoon to the delight of thousands. Watch it. #LegendStatus
3. HE'S FREE!!! After years worth of time battling his old label Cash Money, Lil Wayne finally reached an agreement in his lawsuit against his former mentor Birdman. His lawyer claims Lil Wayne is "happy" and ready to move forward with ... dare we say it ... new music. "Tha Carter V" perhaps!?
4. Despite putting himself in danger of copping a felony, rapper Yung Lean handed out his album out to strangers dressed as a police officer. The thing really had no purpose, but, funny nonetheless. We'll allow it!
5. According to BBC, Donald Glover, known to the music world as Childish Gambino, is in early talks to be the next Willy Wonka. Because, why doesn't the world needa hundred versions of the same fucking movie?
6. Post Malone recently inked the words "Always Tired" over his bulging eye bags, again representing the voice of an entire generation with face tattoos.
7. YourEDM got down with a self-described ghost producer asking the questions you probably want answered. It really puts the whole debate into serious perspective.
8. Yeah, Warner Brothers dropped a new Prince album despite the artist being, you know, dead and unable to provide approval. He was always a secretive, calculated artists and now it seems his unfinished music is candy in the Halloween bowl for major labels. This behavior is shitty, there really isn't any other way to put it.
9. Beefs and opinions aside, Kanye West has one of the cutest daughters in all the land. After dropping his album, West posted to Twitter North West's rendition of his single "No Mistakes." Be still my heart!
10. ... speaking of Kanye. he held a star-studded event in Wyoming for the release of his new album, "Ye" — and subsequently got all rappers banned from the ranch in the process.