Reuben sandwich deep fried in PBR beer batter gives us feelings we've never felt before
Take a moment from the disaster you call your life and focus on the decadent creation of Nick Chapman, aka Food Dude. His twisted mind dreamt up the idea that you could take a Reuben sandwich, deep fry it in PBR beer batter and call it the Pabst Blue Reuben. The result is a delicious mouthgasm of tender corn beef, melty cheese, crunchy sauerkraut and creamy dressing, all tucked away within the confines of buttered toast then deep fried in every hipster’s favorite cheap beer. And with that we say fuck the bikini bod or any attempt to get in shape and indulge in the best that life has to offer.
@foodbeast emailed me a few weeks back asking if I had any crazy food ideas I could make using @pabstblueribbon beer. I was sitting around drinking at the time and replied "What if I took an entire Reuben sandwich, dipped it in Pabst beer batter and deep fried it? It could be called the Pabst Blue Reuben!" Well, they dug the idea and apparently so did Pabst so I got the go ahead to make it and here it is - The Pabst Blue Reuben! #Foodbeast #DudeFoods
A video posted by DudeFoods.com (@dudefoods) on
Pabst Blue Reuben
3 qt vegetable oil
1 can plus 3 cups Pabst Blue Ribbon beer
3 c flour
½ lb corned beef
4 slices Swiss cheese
¼ c sauerkraut, drained
2 slices rye bread
1 tbsp butter
Thousand Island or Russian dressing
1) Pour vegetable oil into a deep fryer or a deep pot and heat to 375 degrees.
2) Combine flour and 3 cups of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer in a bowl to create beer batter.
3) Preheat a skillet or griddle on medium heat.
4) Place corned beef in skillet, top with Swiss cheese and cover until cheese is melted.
5) Butter bread and place face down on skillet until browned.
6) Top bottom slice of bread with corned beef, cheese and sauerkraut. Spread dressing on remaining slice of bread and place on top of sandwich.
7) Dip sandwich in beer batter, covering it completely and use a spatula to transfer it to your deep fryer or pot.
8) Deep fry for three minutes or until sandwich is golden brown.
9) Slice sandwich in half, dip in dressing, and crack open a Pabst to drink along with it.