Snowboard on the Block Announces Music Lineup
Yesterday the people of Snowboard on the Block took to their social media to release the names of the bands that will be performing at the 2013 North America Snowboard Film Festival outside of downtown Denver. It promises to shut down blocks for some serious pre-partying before the slopes again teem with action. The lineup looks metal as fuck, and with very little EDM – a move unique in these types of festivals. More artists will be announced eventually, but for now, it’s time to put on your big-boy thrash-pants and get ready for an intense event.
Snowboard on the Block describes the event as a much needed liftoff to the snow season. “Fall is the most anxious time of the year for snowboarders. It's a time when that restless yearning in your gut is driven into an insatiable madness. It's a season littered with reminders that winter is coming - scattered premieres and big bargain sales - but without the moment that screams, ‘the snowboard season has arrived!’ The time has come for a nationally recognized kickoff to the snowboard season. A gathering to appreciate the conquests of a winter passed and enjoy a timeless tradition - the annual snowboard video.”
“Snowboard on the Block, the 2013 North American Snowboard Film Festival, will take place in Denver, Colorado on Saturday, September 14, 2013 starting at 12 p.m. The festival will be spread across three blocks in Downtown Denver, at the intersection of 35th Street and Walnut Street, with a capacity of 10,000 people.”
Snowboard on the Block Features:
- Over 20 snowboard film premieres including the latest from Absinthe, Videograss, Burton, Think Thank and many more.
- 20 bands across two stages, to be announced over the course of the summer.
- A snowboard contest of insane proportion.
- A massive sale from Colorado's core snowboard shops.
- A photo exhibit showcasing the work of some of snowboarding's top photographers.
- A skate demo and pool party in the main parking lot.
- Product giveaways all day long.
- Food, drinks, alcohol and much, much more.
Tickets will be available online for $15 starting July 1, 2013 and available for $25 the day of show.