Pubes pronunciation and prepubescent sex dolls: This is Naked News Now
Want sexual enlightenment, but only have time for a quickie? Every week, we recap the most interesting sex headlines from around the world.
1. Pro-choice activists are relying on Maine Republican Senator Susan Collins to keep an anti-abortion justice off the Supreme Court — and are sending her wire hangers for good measure. Trump will soon choose a replacement for justice Anthony Kennedy, and many hope that Susan Collins will be the one Republican lawmaker to block any justice who might limit access to abortion.
2. GOP Congressional candidate once questioned if careers were the ‘healthiest pursuit’ for women. Mark Harris, who won the GOP primary for North Carolina’s 9th Congressional District, delivered a sermon lamenting how modern women prioritize their careers and independence instead of their “biblical calling.” Harris also likely opposes the 19th amendment and prefers his butter hand-churned.
3. Accusations of sexism force RateMyProfessor to end its chili pepper “hotness” ratings. Criticism rose to a fever pitch on Twitter this week, where female professors voiced complaints that their student evaluations are often based exclusively on physical appearance. All seemed to agree that the chili pepper rating undermines their credibility, shifting focus from a female professor’s brains to how big her tits are.
4. We’ve been pronouncing “pubes” wrong our entire lives, a world-famous grammarian reveals.
5. Hosting the World Cup makes Russia more gay-friendly — for now. In Russia, anti-gay violence is rarely punished, anti-gay bullying at school is often allowed, and waving a rainbow flag can lead to arrest. But international scrutiny that comes with hosting the World Cup has forced Russian authorities to put their crackdown on LGBT gay activism on hold.
6. Man becomes first person in the UK to be jailed for trying to pay for sex. The 23-year-old man has been jailed for three months. Although the UK has been historically accepting of sex work, Northern Ireland became the only part of the country to outlaw prostitution with the Human Trafficking and Exploitation Bill in 2015.
7. Iowa Supreme Court strikes down 72-hour abortion waiting period. As it stands, 27 states still have some kind of waiting period in place. Waiting periods are harmful primarily to low income women. They can mean taking multiple days off work, and in states where most residents live hours from the nearest clinic, obtaining an abortion can turn into a multi-day excursion requiring transportation, lodging and hundreds of dollars.
8. Experts are taking a stand against the new CREEPER Act, which bans child sex dolls in US. They argue the government’s attempt to control our sexual fantasies will likely hurt far more people than it helps.