No LSD in the water and two more states legalize weed: This is your news on drugs
Too lifted to read the news? Every week, we recap the most interesting news in the world of drugs. To inform, to liberate.
1. Legal magic mushrooms might be on the Denver city ballot in 2018, and a second group in Colorado is aiming at a statewide vote in 2020 to legalize psilocybin for medical use.
3. Booze, but not pot for kids; marijuana stores in Oregon found to do a better job keeping their drug out of the hands of minors than liquor stores. Also, there's more crime near liquor stores than pot shops.
5. Heroin in Philadelphia is reported to be some of the purest, cheapest and deadliest in the country.
6. Magic mushrooms cure depression in the opposite way from traditional SSRI drugs like Prozac. While SSRIs can blunt feelings, mushrooms improve emotional responsiveness.
7. Darknet cocaine can be delivered faster than pizza In a few cities, including New York and Berlin, a study expects to find, as high-tech communication facilitates drug deals.
9. Veterans Affairs softens on pot, urging its doctors to at least talk to vets about weed. They're still not allowed to recommend it.
10. LSD was not dumped in California water supply; a story saying so turned out to be fake news. Your water remains LSD-free.