As it stands, kratom is quite the controversial tropical plant. Although it is native to Southeast Asia and has been used for centuries as a natural medicine, it has been labeled as a controlled substance in Thailand and Malaysia – with Australia, some European countries, and a few of the United States on the blacklist, too. It seems, however, that kratom is largely misunderstood as a replacement for opioids rather than a treatment for addiction and other ailments that range from pesky to downright painful.
The truth is, if you safely source it from one of the best places to buy kratom online, and you understand what the different strains are, kratom can be an all-natural way to help you reach your healthy living goals.
Kratom Is A Diverse Plant
Kratom strain can be divided into a variety of strains and vein colors depending on where it is grown. The most common are white vein, red vein, and green vein strains. Each vein color offers different advantages and they should be taken based on what you’re looking for. In order to fully reap the benefits of kratom, it’s important to understand these strains, and how they will affect an individual who takes them.
All Kratom strains are, in fact, derived from the same plant. The difference between them – and the factor that makes them have different properties – is the age of the plant. As kratom leaves mature, the veins change color. Kratom leaves start off with white veins that mature into red veins. Finally, when the plant has reached full maturity, the veins turn green.
White Vein Kratom
The youngest of the kratom strains is white vein kratom. Its primary use is to provide a feeling of euphoria and/or alertness in the individual who ingests it. At lower doses, white vein kratom offers a stimulant effect, while at higher doses, it tends to have a more euphoric effect
● White Vein Kali – has euphoric and dissociative properties. Also known for providing substantial amounts of energy.
● White Vein Thai – the most stimulating sub-strain of white vein kratom. The effects may compare to that of White Vein Kali depending on the amount ingested therefore, White Vein Kali may be used as a substitution for White Vein Thai if necessary.
● White Vein Indo – this sub-strain of white vein kratom seems to offer it all: dissociation, euphoria, and mild pain relief.
● White Vein Sumatra Kratom – alkaloids present in white vein Sumatra kratom offer muscle relaxation and energy
● White Vein Borneo – this offers extreme concentration, focus, and endurance.
Red Vein Kratom
Here you have the most popular kratom strain. It is renowned for its pain relief properties as well as helping to alleviate symptoms of insomnia and anxiety. The recommended dose will depend on the desired effects – for pain relief, around a teaspoon of powder will be enough. To take advantage of red vein kratom’s sedative properties, a higher dose of around three teaspoons is recommended.
● Red Vein Thai – offers euphoria and pain relief as well as relief from symptoms of insomnia and anxiety.
● Red Vein Kali –boasts classic red leaf kratom characteristics of pain relief and relaxation.
● Red Vein Maeng Da Thai –It has classic red leaf characteristics of providing pain relief, but also has an energizing effect due to its unique alkaloid profile.
● Red Vein Sumatra – this sub-strain of red vein kratom may have the most relaxing characteristics of all.
Green Vein Kratom
The most mature version of kratom leaves is the most balanced. This means that green vein kratom has the potential to relax and energize an individual while simultaneously providing pain relief. It may very well be the most functional strain of kratom on the market.
● Green Vein Indo – offers pain relief and stimulation. Green Vein Indo is quite mild but lasts longer than the other Green Vein sub-stains typically do.
● Green Vein Kali – this sub-strain has a high potency. It offers plenty of energy and moderate pain relief.
● Green Vein (OG) Bali –this may be the most popular strain of kratom on the market. It is extremely well-balanced in offering both energy and pain relief. While more research is needed, OG Bali may be effective in weaning a person off of opioids as it has quite similar effects – although kratom is more energizing than opioids.
● Super Green Malaysian (SGM) –As a well-balanced Green Vein kratom, SGM offers pain relief and energy, but the effects last longer than that of other green vain family members.
Now that you’ve got the rundown on these 3 common Kratom strains, and their subsequent named products, you’re ready to start sampling kratom! Use this guide as a basis for where to start. With Kratom, experimentation is important as it will affect everyone differently. What works for one person may not work for the next. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t find the perfect strain the first time you buy. Trying different strains and seeing what works best is all part of a natural journey that most experience with Kratom.
If you’re ready to try Kratom for yourself, we recommend Kraken Kratom (https://krakenkratom.com/). They offer a variety of the most popular Kratom strains, and their products are universally recognized for their consistent quality. On top of that, they are an American Kratom Association GMP (good manufacturing practices) approved vendor. Their facility and products are inspected by an independent third party to ensure they meet rigorous quality control standards.