We may be one of the fittest cities in the country, but you'll be surprised at what we're having delivered to our doors.
Denver consistently ranks near the top as one of the fittest cities in the country. Those glowing lifestyle habits, however, aren’t reflected in delivery service Favor’s newly released list of their top 10 most requested food items. Quesadilla much, Denver? Yeah, you do. The numbers don’t lie.
The Austin-based company Favor launched in Denver last May and has roughly 50 contractors delivering in the metro area. The company offers virtually any type of delivery; however, Denverites use the company for greasy, stoney, munchie-like delivery far more than any other service.
Apparently, we as a city have insatiable and sudden desires for other people to trek great distances just so we can gobble down quesadillas from Chipotle, nugget-formed things from Chick-Fil-A and Illegal Pete’s Nachos by the truckload.
“Yes, food/convenience items are always our most popular category (especially when first launching) in all of our markets,” said Favor spokesperson Tina Heileman, who also alludes to some of the more odd deliveries Denverites have requested:
“Some of the more unusual Favor’s we’ve done include: clothing from a church to a homeless shelter, someone biked to work and forgot regular shoes, so we got him Chuck Taylors from Nordstrom, Monopoly from Target, tampons, Pepto-Bismol, and a cardigan,” she tells the Denver Post.
Oh, Denverites, you’re too adorable. Those Vibram Fivefinger shoes just won’t do for the afternoon and heaven forbid you don’t have that swanky new Buffalo Exchange cardigan at the office.
Here’s the rundown on Denver’s Top 10 most requested Favors (80 percent of them are local Denver legends … suck it, chain restaurants).
- Chipotle: Chicken quesadilla with chips & guacamole (runner up: chicken burrito bowl)
- Chick-Fil-A: Chick-fil-A Nuggets with waffle fries
- Illegal Pete’s: Chicken Nachos with salsa fresca
- Snarf’s: Italian sandwich
- Wokano Asian Bistro: Sesame chicken
- Hopdoddy: Llano Poblano Burger with Parmesan Truffle Fries
- Larkburger: The Larkburger with Truffle Fries
- True Food Kitchen: Street Tacos with steak (runner up: Kale & Avocado Dip)
- Masterpiece Deli: Italian
- Tag Burger Bar: Blind in Texas (angus) with Large Truffle Aioli Fries